JWC Rentals - This company is a scam!
I wish I would have known about this company before renting from them. Viewing the house for the first time I liked it, being a first time renter with houses I had no experience & I can say they definitely opened my eyes to a lot. Upon inspection , after already putting down a deposit, I went through every room and took pictures of everything along with the inspector. The water was turned off so we weren't aware of any leaks or anything. The bathroom was used and clearly was sitting there for awhile because the whole house smelled like it! There were dead bugs literally everywhere that were not cleaned up. It appeared there was a flood in the house and the only thing replaced was the foundation, thankfully! The kitchen cabinets were old and gross. Under the kitchen sink was soft and molding from water damage. There were dead bugs INSIDE the cabinets, water damage in guest bathroom, peeling wallpaper, dog hair stuck to all the walls from previous tenant, chipped paint and damaged walls in the living room, holes in the doors, all screens on the windows were broken. Before inspection the inspector told me that there was still work orders in for the house to repair all these things & after I signed the inspection papers she then told me that all work orders were cancelled because I moved in. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
So right after inspection I went to the office to complain, not even a day in the house & they told me all clean up and repairs are now my responsibility. Being young and not knowing what else to do, I cleaned the whole house 10x over and dealt with all the damages and imperfections. A week later we had ordered TV and Internet only to come to find out that our cabling wires needed replaced because they were outdated and did not work. So I went in and told them about it and automatically they replied saying it was our responsibility, but if I bring in a reciept she will see if the owner will cover it. Last time I checked I was RENTING the house , NOT OWNING IT! so we paid the $100 for the cabling and brought back the reciept only for them to tell us that they do not accept those receipts ! What a bunch of scammers! At this point I'm documenting everything we pay for and what it looks like before and after.
Now I'm hating my life, deep in a ditch because we just found out we have cockroaches , only a month living here ! And you can only guess what they'll say to that... They're draining us of all our money. If we wanted this much responsibility of redo-ing a house, we would have built or bought our own. Please read the reviews before renting with this company. They are the biggest frauds I've dealt with and they will not hesitate to ruin your life and take your money. They are a horrible business ran by horrible people. I give them NEGATIVE 10 stars (-10)
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Property Management
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "I bought a one-bedroom apartment from Mr Joseph Chou's property company off-the-plan in 2003 for $428,000. The location looked very good and it was waterfront property -- I ticked all the..."
- "WILLIAMS FAMILY WHO RENT HOUSE AT 3012 CHARLES ST. OMAHA NE 68131 HAVE HARASSED MY FAMILY FOR 14 MONTHS NOW. WILLIAMS FAMILY DEALS DRUGS & PROSTITUTION IS GOING ON. THEY..."
- "I see you are in Houston. I am a Derksen dealer in TX and what I would tell you is that if you are basing your decision on the..."
- "I went to Aspen Dental to get dental services, I asked to have my tooth extracted one of the Dentist said I needed to have a Root Canal. I said..."
- "My session at B-Precious photography had the quality like it was done on an old school phone camera. I thought I was getting a great deal since she was cheaper..."
- "I bought two jawbone bands, UP2 and UP3 in the space of six months, one for me and one for my mother. After the first one broke after only 4..."
- "Killeen Maaco had my brand new car for 5 days to do a stripe paint job for $750. They returned car on Friday afternoon around 5pm, and upon entry to..."
- "I went to get a root canal about a year ago my friend showed me a missing tooth and explained they got a root canal at monarch as well and..."
- "Hmm....this is what I found inside Velveeta box. Didn't know what it was and couldn't really figured out what it was until I zoomed in with the camera and took..."